Breeder of the variety: Danko
- Nagano is an early variety, typically forage, with an increased protein content.
- It shows good disease resistance.
- A variety with good lodging resistance.
- The grain of the Nagano triticale is coarse with good uniformity and a low proportion of glue.
- A variety with good resistance to sprouting of grain in the spike.
- Suitable for late autumn sowing - cordial variety.
- Proven in mixtures with oats.
- The recommended sowing rate in optimal sowing term is 400-450 germinating seeds per 1 m2 (ca.170-200 kg / ha).
Major agricultural and functional characteristics (9o scale):
- Heading date: early
- Maturing time: medium
- Blade length: short
- MTZ: high
- Protein content: 7.0 (high)
- Grain Density: 5.0 (Good)
- Lodging resistance: 8.0 (high)
- Fouling resistance: 5.0 (good)
Disease resistance (9o Scale):
- Powdery mildew: 8.1 (high)
- Brown rust: 7.7 (good)
- Leaf septoriosis: 7.1 (good)
- Chaff septoriosis: 6.4 (average)
- Stalk base diseases: 7.2 (good)
- Rynchosporiosis: 7.4 (good)
- Ear Fusariosis: 8.3 (high)
- Yellow rust: 5.3 (low)
- Stalk base diseases: 7.7 (good)