In the BSA (German equivalent of COBORU) research from 2011, Sandra obtained 8 out of 9 points in the yield evaluation category. This result places it at the forefront of winter barley varieties in Germany, taking into account multi-row and hybrid varieties. Sandra's high productivity is mainly due to the characteristic method of crop structure. As befits a good "double row" grain, the mass of a thousand grains often exceeds 60 g. Such a good result is the effect of a longer period of pouring grains than in the case of other varieties, associated with earlier heading. Despite being highly productive, Sandra does not have any special tendencies to create an exuberant canopy. Plants are about 90 cm long and remain stable until the end of the growing season. However, in the case of very intensive tillage, it is recommended to control the height of the field, as heavy spike can cause the stalk to bend. One full treatment with growth regulators is enough.
- BREEDER: IGP Polska sp. Z o.o.
- SEED SPECIES: Winter barley
- JOB REQUIREMENTS: lower
- RESISTANCE TO LAYING: high
- MTN: high approx. 60g
- PLANT HEIGHT: approx. 90 cm
- BLEEDING: very high
- VARIETY TYPE: double-breasted
- DIRECTION OF USE: forage
- EARLY SOWING DATE: 250-280 seeds / m2
- OPTIMAL SOWING DATE: 290-320 seeds / m2
- DELAYED SOWING DATE: 330-370 seeds / m2