Would you like to ask about this product?Wyślij nam pytanie lub sprawdź o co pytali inni klienci.
Chikos is a liquid chitosan preparation designed to stimulate the growth of vegetable and ornamental plants. Chikos is a natural plant growth stimulator. This preparation is intended for foliar application. Thanks to the spray bottle, the aerosol can be sprayed quickly and conveniently directly onto the plants. The plant growth stimulator is based on the natural active ingredient chitosan.
What is chitosan?
Chitosan is an organic chemical compound derived from chitin. On the other hand, chitin is an ingredient commonly found in nature. Chitin is a polysaccharide that is the building block of the shells of arthropods, i.e. all crustaceans, insects and spiders. Chitin strengthens the cell walls in the tissues that make up the "skin", the armor of these tiny creatures. Chitosan is non-toxic and 100% biodegradable. It is easily broken down by organisms, which makes it safe for the environment. It is also safe for humans, animals and plants.
Chitosan has been used, among others, in in cosmetology, veterinary medicine, pharmaceutical industry, medicine, as well as in agriculture and environmental protection. It has antibacterial properties, which gives great opportunities in supporting plant protection. Chitosan stimulates the formation of immune substances in the plant, thanks to which it reduces its susceptibility to fungal and bacterial pathogens. Chitosan also supports plant resistance to unfavorable environmental conditions, i.e. stress conditions such as: drought, low temperatures, salinity and strong wind. That is why its properties were used to create a plant growth stimulator, which is Chikos. Chitosan stimulates plant metabolism to produce enzymes and phenolic compounds that help the plant survive under stressful conditions. Chitosan increases the concentration of abscisic acid, which causes the stomata to narrow, which reduces transpiration (i.e. evaporation from plants) and reduces the plant's water consumption, without reducing the yield.
When should I use Chikos?
- If your plant has suffered from disease and you want to regenerate it, because you see that it is difficult for it to recover.
- When a prolonged drought caused the plants to inhibit their growth and development.
- Spring frosts have damaged plants that have already started to produce leaves and flowers.
- In the growing area, there are strong winds which make the plants 'choke', freeze or break.
- If you want to prevent disease.
- When there is a risk of reduced plant yield.
- If the substrate has been salty unintentionally, e.g. by excessive fertilization.
- In such cases, and many others, the plant protection stimulator will help plants regenerate and develop properly.
• vegetable plants grown in allotment and home gardens and under covers
• ornamental plants in the ground and under covers
Use the preparation from the beginning of plant vegetation, thoroughly wetting the surface of the above-ground part of the plant. Spray the plants after the vegetation begins. Repeat the treatment several times every 7-10 days. Use at a dose: 50-100 ml per 1 m².
Only people over 18 years of age can use plant protection products.
Plant protection products should be used safely.
Before each use, read the information provided on the label and product information.